19 - 20 June, 2019
NH Collection Barbizon Palace, Amsterdam
+44 (0)20 7036 1378
Main Day Two, 20th June 2019
8:00 am - 8:45 am Registration and Coffee
8:45 am - 8:50 am Director's Welcome Address: Lucy Bradley, Editorial Director, WBR
8:50 am - 9:00 am Chairperson's Opening Remarks
Embracing A Customer-Centric Approach
9:00 am - 9:20 am Opening Keynote Interview: How can you launch new destination branches to become a key part of your local community and increase your role in consumer’s day to day life?Conor Daly - Head of Efficiency, Enablement and Cost, Retail Banking, AIB Vanessa Osoro Urigüen - Director, Commercial Banking Transformation, BBVA
- How can you gain a better understanding of local customer demographics in all your branch locations to ensure your in-branch offering is relevant?
- Increasing your community outreach: How can you take a community-centred approach to new branch concepts to create a local hub for customers and drive brand engagement?
- How can you re-locate and re-define your branch network to make your physical footprint your competitive advantage when engaging new customers?
- How can you leverage customer data to identify new branch location opportunities that will drive greater customer footfall?
Conor DalyHead of Efficiency, Enablement and Cost, Retail Banking
Vanessa Osoro UrigüenDirector, Commercial Banking Transformation
9:20 am - 9:40 am Customer Case Study: How can you get closer to your customers to take a truly customer-first approach to branch transformation and provide the in-branch experience your consumers demand?Morten Olsen - Head of Branch and ATM development, Nordea
- Will branches still exist in five years? If yes: which format and concepts are best to apply?
- What will be the role of branches in an increasing digital transformation and omnichannel world
- What is the best approach to increase customer collaboration to implement services across your branch network that meet their evolving needs?
- How can you best measure branch performance and customer satisfaction rates to ensure you are delivering on customer expectations?
Morten OlsenHead of Branch and ATM development
9:40 am - 10:10 am Inspirational Speaker: Taking an emotional approach to customer engagement: How to tap into the psyche of your customers to boost brand loyalty and catapult conversion rates across your branch estateKate Nightingale - Founder, Style Psychology
- Exploring emotive banking services: How to evoke real emotions with customer communication in-branch to build real and lasting relationships with your shoppers
- How can you best identify and respond to changes in your customer’s behaviour around the branch floor to increase customer engagement?
- Creating customer-centric experiences: How to keep your customer’s needs and behaviours front of mind during the design and maintenance of branch formats to forge stronger relationships with your key customer base
10:10 am - 10:30 am Morning Coffee Break
Driving Digital Innovation
10:30 am - 10:50 am Keynote Interview: Succeeding in digital transformation: How can you disrupt your company culture with a digital-first strategy to increase agility and respond to evolving customer expectations at pace?Todd O’Brien - CEO, MENA Startupbootcamp Maria Leontiou - Head of Innovation Center, Group Digital Banking, Eurobank Bruce Bullock - Head of Digital and Innovation, Permanent tsb
- Building a foundation for innovation: How to best align your people, processes and technologies to enable digital adoption in every department and set your company up for success
- Driving change management: How can you secure board-level sponsorship for technology driven innovation to ensure strategic change across the entire business and embed an ethos of digital-first?
- How can you successfully eradicate interdepartmental silos to increase agility across the company and deliver new customer concepts to the market at speed?
- How can you drive a cultural shift towards digital adoption and encourage colleague creativity to deliver innovative products and services for the bank?
- Increasing digital fluency: How can you overcome the ‘failure fear-factor’ and encourage cross functional experimentation with digital to foster a culture of digital innovation?
Maria LeontiouHead of Innovation Center
Group Digital Banking, Eurobank
Bruce BullockHead of Digital and Innovation
Todd O’BrienCEO, MENA
10:50 am - 11:10 am Fire Side Chat: Optimising your branch network in a mobile first world: How can you re-define the role of your branch in the modern banking ecosystem to provide the best possible value for your customers?Jamie Broadbent - Head of Customer Experience & Digital, RBS International
- How can you revolutionise your branch network to provide real value-add for your customers in an era of digitalisation?
- Creating customer-first environments: How can you identify which concepts and services are crucial to meet the needs of today’s demanding customer base to deliver relevant and helpful in-branch experiences?
- How can you provide unique customer services in-branch to drive customer footfall and turn your real estate from your biggest business cost into your most valuable company asset?
- How can you equip your branches with customer-centric tools and technologies to provide your digitally-savvy customers with more control over their in-branch experience?
Jamie BroadbentHead of Customer Experience & Digital
11:10 am - 11:30 am Case Study: How to best serve your customers with innovative in-branch experiences and turn your physical branch estate into your competitive advantageGeorge Kostopoulos - Head of Customer Innovation, Piraeus Bank
- Establishing the e-branch CX: How can you launch new in-branch environments that provide compelling reasons for customers to come into your bank branch?
- Delivering best-in-class customer service: How can you best serve your multi-generational customer based with new in-branch concepts and employee-driven services?
- How can you strategically launch new branch locations to increase accessibility for customers and defend against competition in the market?
- Building a customer-centric workforce: How to work with your branch associates to create a human orientated in-branch environment and deliver real value-add services for your customers
George KostopoulosHead of Customer Innovation
11:30 am - 11:50 am Futuristic Case Study: How can you implement self-service banking into your in-branch offering to empower customers with greater autonomy and enable your workforce to focus on value-add tasks?
- How can you best determine which level of automation and self-serve facilities are best suited for your business model and customer base?
- How can you identify which in-branch services best lend themselves to automated banking?
- How can you design self-serve banking environments that bust queues and remove friction points around the branch to provide a slick and convenient customer experience?
- How can you leverage next-gen ATM technology as part of your business roadmap to build the in-branch experience of the future in line with changing consumer trends?
- Succeeding with smart ATMs: How can intelligent ATMs play a greater role in-branch to free up employee time and enable them to focus on high-value services for customers?
11:50 am - 12:10 pm Spotlight on Innovation: How to implement the appropriate controls and frameworks for automated applications to reduce risk and ensure complianceVinita Ramtri - Head of Controls Automation, Barclays
- Creating the smart bank of the future: How to harness the power of automation to transform company processes and drive greater in-house efficiencies?
- How can you test and scale increased automation to drive greater productivity in end-to-end business processes?
- How can you create a roadmap for process automation to gain board backing and scale new innovations across the entire enterprise?
Vinita RamtriHead of Controls Automation
12:10 pm - 12:30 pm Morning Networking Break
12:30 pm - 1:10 pm Case Study Revolution: Self-service, assisted service or employee driven service: How can you best determine what level of automation is best suited to your local branch customer base?Sergio Magalhaes - Director, Branch of the Future & Digital Transformation Office, Millennium bcp
- How can you implement autonomous in-branch digital tools to enable customers to self-serve and complete their goals with ease and convenience?
- How can you get the balance right between self-service digital concepts and employee driven in-branch services to best support your customers around the branch floor?
- Exploring smart kiosks: How can you leverage fully automated in-branch services to eradicate customer queues and increase operational efficiencies in-branch?
- How can you increase in-branch automation whilst maintaining the human element to ensure your customer still feels connected to your brand?
- What is the future role of bank branch employees and how are skill-sets evolving in the increasingly automated banking world?
Sergio MagalhaesDirector, Branch of the Future & Digital Transformation Office
1:10 pm - 1:50 pm Case Study Revolution: Retaining the human touch: How can you benefit from face-to-face customer interactions to provide meaningful and memorable customer experiences amid the new digital age?Serkan Turan - Head of Digital Payment Systems, Fintech Banking & Product Management, Deniz Bank
- How can you build your branch transformation projects around human-centred services to provide real value-add that cannot be provided via digital banking channels?
- How can you leverage face-to-face customer conversations in-branch to solve complex customer problems and forge stronger relationships with personalised experiences?
- Providing customer consultancy: How can you best hire and train your front-line employees to turn your branch associates into universal banking specialists and trusted customer advisors?
- Increasing performance with the human touch: How can you continue to support customers who are resilient to digital-first banking services with human-centred in-branch experiences?
Serkan TuranHead of Digital Payment Systems, Fintech Banking & Product Management
12:30 pm - 1:10 pm Case Study Revolution: How can you build an innovation lab at the center of your organisation to enable agile workflows and deliver best in class customer experiences across all of your touch points?Monika Drobna - Head of Innovation, Komerční Banka
- How can you get the buy-in across the business to succeed in transforming company processes with agile approaches?
- How to keep the customer front of mind when introducing new innovations into the business strategy
- How can you best identify and trial new FinTech partnerships to support your organisation on becoming a truly agile business?
- How to successfully integrate new innovative technologies into your core company ecosystem to drive connected CX across your online and in-branch customer channels
Monika DrobnaHead of Innovation
1:10 pm - 1:50 pm How can you best introduce digital training schemes that encourage career progression and increase employee performance?
- How can you identify which digital programs are best suited to empower your workforce with product support tools to help them develop in their roles?
- How can you implement a digital training scheme to support a digital-first company culture and encourage employee-driven innovation?
- How can gamification help to increase digital literacy across your workforce and enable your front-line staff to better support your digitally-savvy customers in-branch?
- How can digital employee schemes increase colleague collaboration and drive competitiveness between your branch teams to deliver greater results for the business?
1:50 pm - 2:50 pm Networking Lunch Break
1:50 pm - 2:50 pm Innovation Think Tank: What are the latest digital innovations disrupting the market and how can you identify which technologies will help to transform your CX offering?
Future-Proofing Your Branch Network
2:50 pm - 3:10 pm CX Case Study: How can financial services leverage technologies to better understand and deliver on customer needs to retain customer loyalty in a saturated market?Russell Pert - Industry Head, Financial Services, Facebook
- How can you surprise and delight customers with connected customer journeys to drive continuous engagement with your brand?
- How can you best leverage digital to gain a better understanding of your customers and deliver additional value-add services?
- Delivering emotive CX with digital: How can you best implement new technologies to provide meaningful interactions with your customers and dive brand loyalty?
- What does the future of consumer banking hold with the rise of innovations such a voice command putting customers in control?
Russell PertIndustry Head, Financial Services
3:10 pm - 3:30 pm Guest Speaker: How to integrate a robust cyber security framework to safeguard your business against digital threats in today’s opening banking ecosystem
- How can you proactivity mitigate against increasingly complex cyber security threats in the connected banking environment?
- How can you best educate employees across the enterprise on potential cyber threats to increase internal competencies and better protect your business?
- How can you put in place secure processes and procedures for intelligence sharing and incident reporting across the business to minimise cyber security risks?
- What are the latest cyber security technologies in the market and how can you integrate them into your technology stack and protect your customer and company data?
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Crystal Ball Perspective: Assessing the retail banking landscape of the future: How will the role of the bank branch be redefined in an era of increased digitalisation and an increasingly complex omnichannel customer journey?Sergio Magalhaes - Director, Branch of the Future & Digital Transformation Office, Millennium bcp
- What technologies should you be considering to future-proof the in-branch CX and continue to provide customer value in an increasingly digital-first market?
- Getting ahead of the curve: How can retail banks increase involvement in tech communities to track the development of new technologies and take advantage of the latest innovations on the market?
- How will the role of front-line employees continue to change as in-branch innovations continue to become more digital?
- How will the continued evolution of smart technologies like AI, VR and voice impact the role the branch plays in retail banks’ wider omnichannel customer offering?
Sergio MagalhaesDirector, Branch of the Future & Digital Transformation Office